Thanks to your support of my book, Learning to Love: A Collection of Poetry and 40 Daily Devotions, you also helped feed the hungry, clothe the poor, and support families during financial crisis through Inside-Out Ministries.
Inside-Out Ministries has been a ministry in Madison, AL since 2008. I remember beginning to volunteer with them shortly after moving to the North Alabama area and immediately after the disastrous April 2011 tornado system. For decades, Inside-Out Ministries has provided food to the hungry through their food pantry and financial support to families in financial crisis (to pay for utilities, housing, and clothing). People also received many years of financial counseling from Inside-Out Ministries. In 2020, the pandemic ended the facility-based ministry where people could physically come to a building to find help. However, the people who began this ministry have continued to reach out to the community in what they call “mobile” ways. In 2020 alone, they
- paid for all the Madison City Schools system lunch debt (debt accrued from children who could not pay for their lunches),
- provided emergency clothing and school supplies to school children,
- distributed blessing bags to emergency responders and essential workers who were being overlooked,
- created and distributed emergency food packs,
- made and distributed masks,
- provided equipment to hospitals,
- supported local restaurants and the unemployed before the stimulus relief,
- provided assistance in natural disasters and fires,
- hosted and supported a virtual prayer community,
- helped transport Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes for Samaritan’s Purse,
- provided emotional and prayer support virtually to those in need of encouragement and prayer.
The pandemic may have stopped the mode of Christ-filled ministry (the building), but it has not stopped the work of God. Indeed, more opportunities have been given to show God’s love through Inside-Out ministries. His truth is marching on!
Please pray for the founders and volunteers of Inside-Out Ministries, as they have experienced their own losses since the pandemic.
To contact them directly, visit their website: https://inside-outministries.org/.
Thank you for your prayers and support, and thank you for the opportunity to shine the spotlight on another ministry that is truly making a difference for the kingdom of heaven.
If you would like a copy of my book, they are available on Amazon $10 US for paperback and $5 US for eBook. Proceeds go to charity.